Sunday, October 15, 2006

LIFETIME CRIMES


Do you ever wonder why some human beings try to be like porcupines? Or maybe like big puffer fish, all blown up and lookin' scary?
While innocently shopping at walgreens this morning, looking for "travel size" accessories, I decided to ask someone who worked in the store where these items might be located. You know at most stores these little size shampoos, toothpastes, deodorants, etc. are located in one section all alone, so dear reader, you get the picture. I very politely approached this, um, woman and asked her where these items may be. She turned around and pointed at some empty containers and said, THERE THEY ARE. I again very politely said, no, the ones that have stuff IN them, not empty ones. She then "puffed up" and with a sneer, said WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT???. I said, you know, stuff like toothpaste, shampoo, etc., well, then in a reallly snotty tone she said THE TOOTHPASTE IS ON AISLE 8!! OK this was the end of it, so after saying thank you, i walked off and said a few things not under my breath. Then all I can wonder is what kind of crappy life is this woman leading? Revenge, under the guise of karma didn't take long. I next spied the witch waiting on a big black lady who wanted to try ALL of the imitation designer perfumes in the store. Ha i thought, dare you to be snotty to that one!!!

I have another one of these wackos in my office. Ever since she did not get a promotion (my old position), she has been out for total destruction of morale. BUT the only person she is hurting is herself (ah, how well we know that scene, eh?). At least once a day you will hear her on the phone say, "i'm just a secretary, let me transfer you to (fill in the blank). This same person has refused to do work assigned to her, and I believe is the victim of a very unhappy home life and some kind of hormonal problem (she is not under my supervision). She worked at a freaking factory for 20 years, then went to secretarial school, and got a job with the state 7 years ago. OK< after 7 years you are supposed to be promoted just because you have 7 whole freaking years? geez. She has taken to mumbling when you speak to her. Looking for a fight? She ain't gettin one from me. She just doesn't know how many miles and trials in an office setting have already occurred for her to realize she ain't no big-ass fish to fry. I try to just sit back and watch her hang herself but sometimes have to do my "ohmmmmm" after certain dramatic episodes.
Luckily the other chicks in our office are wise to this amateurish/childish behavior. and yes, as usual, i do feel sorry for her more often than not. Some people just never get it.................
my next post will be on the ain't life grand side!!!

2 comments:

Cindy N. said...

Boy! We all know this type. You and I have worked with a few together. Yes. The TYPE!

Cindy N. said...

Should you not have reported the bitch to management?